- 3 cups watermelon cut into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt
- 3 tablespoons low fat milk
1. Blend the watermelon pieces in a blender.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and blend once again
3. if needed refrigerate it
Watermelon is a fruit that helps to remain well hydrated during summer. Medical research has shown that along with thirst quenching and cooling effect, watermelon has great medicinal and nutritional values. Watermelon shake is a very health and tasty alternative to carbonated drinks in summer.
Watermelon has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-cancerous properties. It is good for preventing macular degeneration and treating hypertension, erectile dysfunction and skin problems.
Watermelons are ideal for those on a low calorie diet as more than 75% of the fruit consists of water and it is really low in calories (1 cup = 25 calories). The fruit also contains appreciable amounts of protein and iron. It’s a great cooler for hot afternoons.